4.1.2009

Finnish professionals abroad - Toni Lehtinen


There are more than a few Finnish football professionals plying their trade in Europe at the moment. You all know Sami Hyypiä from Liverpool but one of the newest, Mr. Toni Lehtinen who got a transfer from Haka Valkeakoski to Levadiakos in Greece.

We all know that the quality and level of professionalism in Finnish Veikkausliiga is not what it should be but personally I am surprised that Lehtinen - a striker with very limited footballing skills - was bought somewhere.

I have nothing against Lehtinen, I do not know him, but I can honestly say that I would not have paid a dime of him.

Today, January 4th 2009 he anyway started in the Greek Super League game against Aris and got substituted after 69 minutes of play when Levakiados was leading 1-0.

Lehtinen is one of the fellows whose career I will follow closely. Somehow I hope that I am wrong and he is a huge success in Greece, I just do not believe in fairy stories anymore.

Good luck Toni! You are going to need it.

Edit, FT Levadiakos 2 - 0 Aris Saloniki

Resultwise a good start for Toni Lehtinen, I am anxious to see what the reports have to say.

Edit; According to one reporter on the spot Lehtinen had a good day being very industrious and causing trouble for the visitor´s defense. Probably the reporter is slightly biased though but an interesting start for Lehtinen anyway.

One can of course also argue how high standards of play there are in the Greek Super League, is it any better than Veikkausliiga if we omit the top teams Olympiakos, Panathinaikos and P.A.O.K?

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti