3.6.2009

In offer tonight; Finnish Cup

I guess it is round 5 now. Or round 6. This ignorance of mine reflects very well with the common interest of the cup. No one knows, no one cares. There would be no results published unless there were some underground volunteers who have started a site that follows Finnish Cup.

Pathetic a bit?

The Finnish Football Association could not care less themselves, but they are the first to point their fingers at any club who says they are not interested.

If the quality differences were not that big when you meet someone from a division or two lower than where you usually play there would be far more upsets, unfortunately most divisions are just full of amateurs and they would struggle scoring in an empty net.

I am going to watch a Cup match tonight. (And tomorrow as I am kind of a freak) I am one of the few who knows there is a such a game played, but after all I am well connected!

Honka A (u19) will host Veikkausliiga side KuPS, and naturally as there is no chance to find out at this stage who is playing I am expecting a far more difficult game for KuPS from this than it should traditionally be. KuPs might want to go out of the cup and concentrate on not being relegated from Veikkausliiga, and Honka U19 is not that far from being at least a division two side.

Edit: I just received some very interesting info regarding this game... I would love to spill it out but need to make some big bets first, if someone just dared to publish their odds!


Edit: FT 2-3. KuPs was mostly a youth team too as announced.


Last night 3rd div Pöxyt won 2nd Div GrIFK 4-0. (Congrats Petri G!)

Prediction 1-2 FT and 16 spectators, including me. Maybe I should take my dog along and make it 17?

Tomorrow there is another Honka team in action when MasKi from nearby Masala hosts 2nd div Pallohonka, the original reserve team for Veikkausliiga side FC Honka.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti