16.9.2010

About match fixing in general again - a link

I have been publishing and linking Declan Hill  several times as he talks about Crime in football, here is the recent story:

 Time for a Real Sports Watchdog

Dear Friends of Sport,
I am now back at my desk. After the World Cup I took some time off to work for a friend who was running in local politics — an exhilarating and very interesting experience. Then I had a brief holiday. Much has happened in the field of sports corruption in the last couple of months and I will be blogging frequently over the next few days covering subjects like the Pakistan Cricket Scandal, Mazher Mahmood (the investigative journalist who broke the story) and a round-up of other match fixing problems. However, to begin with an auspicious occasion next week:
On September 22, I will be giving a speech to the forty-four Sports Ministers of Europe at a special session organized by the Council of Europe. I will say the following:
1)There has always been corruption in sport, but our generation faces a new and very powerful form of match-fixing. The dynamic that drives it is the globalization of the various national gambling markets. The world has simply never seen anything like this phenomenon before, and one of the offshoots is a huge rise in corruption in sports leagues that previously have never been challenged in this way.
2)To combat this rise in corruption,.. full story:

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti