25.3.2010

David Beckham was here!




It always strikes me  by a surprise how people here want to believe in everything they would like to hear. David Beckham said about Turku about like this, " Turku is a wonderful city and people are nice, I definitely want to come back."

Yeah, right.

Do not get me wrong, I have nothing against Becks. Only people and the media sometimes get under my skin.


"First we have the Finns. I always thought Finns were European enough to think of Beckham first and foremost as a footballer and not the sixth Spice Girl.  How wrong could I go. As Beckham’s approximated time of arrival on Monday drew nearer, a good bunch of people gathered near the entrance of the private hospital where Becks was to be treated. In the hope of what I do not know.".

NFN special report on the Beckhams in Finland    



*****

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti