29.3.2010

Rankings for Finnish Leagues

I have been regularly asked if I am going to publish the league rankings this season and what is it going to be like. It is not a completely impossible idea, but as it is one of my basic tools I have decided not to publish any rankings or any other statistical tools I have created for myself. However I will copy and paste all other rankings and stuff from the local media that I  can find for you to see, and to be honest mine is not going to be hugely different than they are. It always helps to understand the odds as well, even if you do not always agree.

Last season I tried to visualize my rankings in a floating way, let us see what happened; HJK 1st, Honka 2nd, TPS came 3rd instead of 5th. Lahti did not continue their surprise run of 2008 but let their Euro campaign disturb the final half of the season, JJK survived by playing a draw in their last match vs. TamU and then cruised through in the play-offs vs. KPV. RoPS went down very deservedly. KuPS signed a lot of players and a new coach after the ranking was created, and were out of danger in good time. Haka were extremely lucky in the early season, but it is the goals and points that count, nothing else.


Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti